Thursday, January 27, 2011

Our Probable Venue- Belle Chapel

Yesterday we went to open house at the place we have been considering as the number one for our venue. It was Kyle, my mom, and me. There's a little church across the way from it, and we pulled in there first. I was so disappointed! It looked nothing liked the pictures I had seen online. I made Kyle get out and check the address because I was sure it wasn't it, and sure enough, it said so-and-so church. Don't get me wrong, it's a cute church, but not what I was looking for, and I am not looking for a place that has active services (mostly because they usually won't allow alcohol).

We pulled out, and saw a sign for Belle Chapel parking. Success! We drove around to make sure that we were in the right place, and then parked and walked around the outside of the building to take a look. Even in the dark you can tell it is adorable.

The woman that owns the building is so wonderful and sweet. One of the reasons I love this venue is because of the historic element (it was built in 1885), and because there is so much included with the venue. Silk flowers, tables, chairs, desert plates, punch bowls, a piano and organ, a sound system upstairs in the chapel and downstairs in the reception area, I could go on and on.

I've looked at other places in books and online, but haven't really felt a connection. When I met the proprietor at the Seattle Wedding Show, I fell in love with the venue through pictures and with her talking about it. I have seen it from the outside before, but it has been years and years. Both Kyle and I feel that this is the right place for us to get married. It feels special and really us, and when we walked in for the tour, our song was playing.

And now, for some pictures.































No comments:

Post a Comment