Sunday, January 9, 2011

Seattle Wedding Show!

We went to the Seattle Wedding Show and OH MY GOSH am I glad I prepared for that! I went with my mom, my Maid (don't call her a Matron!) of Honor, Katie, and my friend Caitlin. We had fun, but it was exhausting. It is absolutely huge. I understand why they say come on both days. We did not make it through the whole thing, and were unable to come both days.


BUT GUESS WHAT? I found my dress! Oh, it is so beautiful. I'm in love. I would post pictures on here, but I'm terrified that the fiance will look and spoil the surprise. Yes, we plan on waiting until the ceremony for him to see me in my dress. I do have a few pictures for you guys though!

We later found a sign that said "no smoking in parking garage". They should probably make that a little more clear... Huge plumes of exhaust are fine though!

The lovely Katie trying on a bridesmaid dress, and me holding her in as it was super small.

Not the dress. Laced up in the back if you couldn't tell!

HELP! I'm trapped!
We walked around, and with the help of the lovely ladies I found a potential venue, photographer, caterer, baker, and got my garters. We got our photo taken in a photo booth to commemorate the occasion, and Miss Katie bought me a sixpence (yes, a sixpence!) for my shoe.

Did I mention the cake? There was so much cake. You would think "there can't possibly be any more cake..." and then BAM, there would be another baker, handing out cake samples. I was even nice and brought home some cake samples for Kyle. Aren't I just the sweetest? We had to stop eating cake for a while because the thought of cake made us want to vomit, that's how much cake we had. AND IT WAS GOOD. You would think that a cake called "champagne" would be gross, right? Oh, you would be beyond wrong. It was so moist and decadent, and the buttercream on it... don't get me started on the buttercream. The bakery I want to go with does beautiful things in gum paste, and their cake is so phenomenal that I could eat a tier by myself. I would probably go into a sugar coma, but I would eat it.

I got so many wonderful ideas, pre-registered for a few places, and got so much information my brain had to sleep for pretty much the whole day today.

We were so exhausted by the end of the day that when mom was driving Katie and Caitlin home, we all passed out like kiddos. Too bad she was driving and couldn't snap a picture. All in all, it was a wonderful, informative, and productive, yet completely wiping day.

Valarie

No comments:

Post a Comment